March 16, 2014

Full Egg Moon

My bulb garden today.
Tonight is the full moon, which is my monthly time for action and release: I look again at the “seeds of intention” I planted 2 weeks ago at the new moon and decide on my next steps to take; I take those steps; then I release my expectations in order to clear space for new ideas and new intentions.

This moon is called the Egg Moon, because this is the month when birds begin to lay eggs again. The egg is a powerful symbol: It is hope, new beginnings, and completeness. My vague ideas take a solid shape, enclosed in a perfect shell, and I have created a whole new beautiful thing!

The month of March is filled with a riot of color and activity. It’s a fresh, youthful, quick-flowing time- the start of something new. In the winter I dreamed dreams and made plans. Now is the time to get into action- to do the work of creating my vision here on the earth.


Agenda for today:
1. Altar:

Each month at the full moon I put a motto or quote on my altar, to ponder as a theme for the month. This month:

"It is not the length of life, but the depth."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

I also add new candles, in colors that symbolize what I want to focus on. In March I add-
  • a spring green candle for joy and inner growth; a color to support change, and bring new things into being. 
  • a dark blue candle for depth, purpose, and persistence; this is the color of deep water flowing, reminding me to seek my true path.
2. Journal:
Review my mission statement, and write about my purpose in life. 
Is my path clear? What would I most like to do in life that I’m still not getting to?

Review the intentions I set 2 weeks ago, at the new moon.
Do these goals all still seem vital? What are my next steps?


3. Take Action:
Plan steps to take to complete some projects. (I really want to finish building my new spice shelf.)

4. Hard-boil some eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment