September 4, 2026

Third Quarter Moon of Early September

Photo by Alan Gillespie
Friday is my day for proaction: Proaction is taking initiative to anticipate and shape future events rather than simply reacting to circumstances as they happen. Some people think Covey should've just used the word ACT, but proaction requires a thought: "I could do this or I could do that; I choose to do this."

And tonight is the waning Third Quarter moon of September. Today's moon energy is yang, a time for reciprocity, generosity, collaboration and connection; a final time of action before the next moon cycle.

September is a time of transformation and abundance, a wild and energizing time, when seeds ripen, and the everything is at its peak of unruliness. We are experiencing heavy rain and thunder storms, and I have a cold. Today I will pause to consider how to settle the energy into a flow.

Agenda: 
1. Generosity practice
2. Weekly "First Things First"
3. Proaction and reciprocity plans

1Generosity practice:
On the first day of the waning third quarter moon, I make a practical plan for generosity with time and attention. In earlier phases of the moon I've been pretty self-focused, but as the moon wanes, it's time to consider how I will give back.

I start with ideas for being generous with myself, then my family, my neighborhood, community, and the earth. Consider what it is I have an abundance of at this time: I might decide to give money, a note or a gift, a visit, or simple acts of helping and sharing my time, or I might decide it's time to volunteer in a new way in our community.

This week's generosity plan:
  1. Schedule plenty of lying around time to recover from a cold.
  2. Compassionate touch and attention. Listening with all my ears.
  3. Read more about PDA.
  4. Worship at the Federal Building
  5. Abundant offers of my written wisdom.

When I'm motivated by the desire to give, just the intention to offer my help, and my willingness to listen, will begin to lessen suffering in the world.


2. Weekly "First Things First":
Friday is a great day to journal about my dreams and goals for my life roles: What GREAT things do I want to accomplish? How will I serve people? How will I use my talents? How will I stretch myself? How can I become an “island of excellence”? What is essential?

Journal: Big themes for next week = Earthcare Action, First Days of School, Receptivity, and preparing for fall. Preparedness. I will serve best if I am prepared, healthy, and calm. My big earthcare projects are a plant sign, a registration form, clerking a meeting, and writing a Newsletter.

3. Proaction and reciprocity plans:
Once I have clarity and a framework, then I try to define achievable, meaningful goals and prioritize the goals and tasks with the greatest long-term impact.

My plan for Earthcare Service in the next week:
  • F: Update registration draft + start Free Native Plants sign;
  • Sat: Communicate with Becky and Kris Contact Aya re: ECEF voters statement + Read my emails and label them so I can find earthcare news when I'm ready
  • Sun Sept. 6 Meeting: Take sign? + agenda - Discuss Days of Action, new EC brochure; collect reservations for retreat; Plan digging and potting days- should I open to everyone? who is taking lead on native plants? Ask for input for News
  • Mon: Finalize registration for our EC retreat and send out
  • W: Write a News: highlight Day of Action, and info about ECEF; and especially look in to the organizations that IFEK supports so I can update that calendar too.
  • F: Send News

No comments:

Post a Comment