Thursday is my day to open the door to creative thinking and doing; I've reverted to an earlier phase of my life, before painting and art school, when I was internally driven to Make Things, and they were varied and creative. But I'm also a different person now - as Grandma Earth Teacher I am led to make things that are a gift to the Earth in some way, sustainable, and with a message.
Also, I need to prepare for the next week of Grandma Camps, with themes, projects, and field trips.
We are in the yin time of the waning gibbous moon - a time to receive the fruits of our labors, a time of quiet, internal, heart-driven, intentional Being-ness.
Agenda:
1. Projects for the week:
The projects I see as priorities now are:
- For my substack: Better photos, including project samples, and watercolor illustrations (a new moth logo and watercolor fishes).
- Craftivism and nature projects to support my Nature-Culture shifts: Hangers, signs (a "Native Plants" sign for Meeting and a retreat project).
- House and practical fix-it projects: (my Earth coat).
- Sharing skill and fun teaching projects (Fairies and a bat cave.
This week:
- Th: Work on bat cave roof + draw "Free Native Plants sign"
- F: Cut sleeve, lining, cuff + Paint sign
- Sat: Finish sign
- Sun: Finish new moth logo + Sew sleeves
- M: Sew sleeves + Set up for paper-mache
- T: Bat cave roof
- W: Watercolor fishes + bat cave
- Th: Fairies + Bat cave
Doing the smallest thing is a great way to make courageous creative work less frightening; also finding the "minimum effective dose", the amount of work that keeps me challenged and joyful, and if I keep at it will get me to the finish line on time.
2. Preparedness:
I've been working on a way to assure that I get to the studio and work on projects with regularity, and decided to start printing a weekly check list for tiny tasks.
Preparations:
- Th: Collect cardboard for roof; find sign alphabets;
- F: List of photos needed for substack
- T: Make paste;
- W: What fish to paint?; fairy stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment