September 19, 2026

Saturday Proaction

Saturday is my new day for proaction: Proaction is taking initiative to anticipate and shape future events rather than simply reacting to circumstances as they happen. Some people think Covey should've just used the word ACT, but proaction requires a thought: "I could do this or I could do that; I choose to do this."

We are in the First Quarter Moon phase, one-quarter of the way through the moon cycle. The moon is waxing - getting larger - until it's full again. The First Quarter is yang, a time to take decisive and smart action on my intentions; a time to remain flexible, use my obstacles as fuel for growth, and show full effort for priorities.

Agenda: 
1. Weekly "First Things First"
2. Proaction and reciprocity plans
3. My receptivity project journal
4. Full effort for ...


1. Weekly "First Things First":
Saturday is a great day to journal about my dreams and goals for my life roles: What GREAT things do I want to accomplish? How will I serve people? How will I use my talents? How will I stretch myself? How can I become an “island of excellence”? What is essential?

Journal: Big themes for next week = Day of Peace, Equinox, and Full moon. I've got an Earthcare Potting and Pledges Day, an Interfaith meeting, and a clerk's meeting. Also a soccer game, a family barbecue, and a night-time parade. My biggest projects are the native plant project (web site and signage), and house painting. I will stretch myself to be an awake Earth Grandmother, aware of the start of fall, and my family's and community's needs. 

2. Proaction and reciprocity plans:
Once I have clarity and a framework, then I try to define achievable, meaningful goals and prioritize the goals and tasks with the greatest long-term impact.

My plan for Earthcare Service in the next week:
  • Sat: Read my emails and label them so I can find earthcare news when I'm ready + Prepare for Pledges Day
  • Sun. Sept. 20 = Potting Day + Collect pledges: Take sign and pots
  • M: Draft a web page Free Native Plant article and new plants info cards
  • W: Write a News: highlight Day of Action, and info about ECEF; and especially look in to the organizations that IFEK supports so I can update that calendar too + Interfaith Earthkeepers presentation about pledges to ECEF
  • F: Finish new plant description cards + post our plant list /and plans to the website, and make QR code to link it.

4. My receptivity project journal:
Receptivity is the ability to be open to incoming information, ideas, perspectives, and emotions without immediate judgment or resistance. It's the skill of creating space to truly accept what is flowing in from others, from spirit, or my own heart, becoming a vessel first; but an active vessel, holding and caring for what I receive, and being willing to grow and change. I open to new perspectives and possibilities. I open to inspiration.

I ask these queries each day:
What is the something new I'm waiting to receive?
What have I recently received that needs nurturance?

Today I am waiting for peace - the solitary peace of a day alone at home, plus the inner peace I can carry through this full-to-bursting week, AND the peace that passeth all understanding.
 
4. Full effort for home projects:
Full effort requires attention; you remember your intentions - what it is you want to do and your deepest reasons why - and also notice your emotions, energy, challenges, etc. I'm thinking today about full effort for home projects.

My intention:

I intend to do the work to finish our home projects, because creating our home sanctuary is a priority, and finishing projects (one by one) satisfies my need for completion, integrity, and order. 

Here's my plan for projects:
  • Sat: Paper my door
  • Sun Paper my door
  • Mon: Clean gutters 
  • T: Try the canvas roof idea
  • W: Paint front porch area
  • Th: Hang front porch corn
  • Fri: Sew canvas      

No comments:

Post a Comment