December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve

Tonight we will all gather at our holiday rental house- my children, my husband, my brothers and sister and all their partners, two mothers, and two dogs.

Agenda tonight:
1. Put Baby Jesus in the manger:
Of course, Baby Jesus must arrive in His crib tonight! 

    I believe that we all have that of God within, and I generally picture it as Light, but the Christ Child is another wonderful image. At Advent, I am a baby again, waiting for birth into wisdom and grace.


    2. Light the Christ candle:
    Normally, just before serving our Christmas Eve Supper, we would light the advent wreath. I decided not to transport my advent wreath to our rental house- this year I will light it a final time when I return on Monday.

    I will also light a a large white candle, commonly called the Christ Candle. It is re-lit each night until the Epiphany to represent Christ's Light, and in order to help guide the Magi to the manger.

    3. Hang our stockings with care.
    Last year's stockings

    No comments:

    Post a Comment