June 27, 2018

Full Strawberry Moon

Tonight is the full moon called the Strawberry Moon. Sweet, ripe strawberries are a gift from Mother Earth that remind me of the springtime renewal of life, and the creative power I have to make my dreams real and visible. 
This is is a highly yang time of movement and strength, the season of completion, abundance and fulfillment. I have hope that I will reach my full flowering, begin to enjoy the fruits of my visions, and relax in the richness of success.
Agenda for today:
1. Update my altar
2. Journal queries
3. Depth practises
4. Take action
1. Update my altar:
It's time to discern what to put on my altar for the next four weeks. (For my thoughts on altars see About Altars). I generally keep it simple and choose only things that speak to me and feed me, and reveal what I believe in. I ask, what quality of Spirit do I want to invoke? I will keep from last month:

  • a conch shell- for the ocean, and to awaken my heart to Truth.
  • a sun- for clarity and yang energy.

Today I add-
  • a dark blue candle, for depth, purpose, and persistence.
  • a soapstone dog, for vigilance, and to remind me to stay loyal to my pack.
  • A quote about engagement and challenge.
2. Journal queries:
Describe my life path now- Is it clear or foggy?
What things give me the feeling of meaning in my life?
Do I persistently create meaningful moments?

The full moon is my monthly time for action and release: I look again at the “seeds of intention” I planted 2 weeks ago at the new moon and decide on my next steps to take, I take those steps, then I release my expectations in order to clear space for new ideas and new intentions.

Review the intentions I set 2 weeks ago, at the new moon.
Do these aims all still seem vital?
What are my next steps?
How can I find the passion to be persistent?


3. Practice at my theme:
The full moon is a time to celebrate life-- be more creative, stay up late, exercise harder, and see friends.

My theme this month is depth- following the true course of my life, like a river flowing through a deep ravine. Staying on my path requires courage, honesty, and persistence. The path is always mysterious, and leads to unexpected challenges and changes. I’m directed back at every turn into the deep waters within myself, to discern the best route.

My intentions for this month are to:
  • Spend focused time on challenging, interesting, engaging work every day.
  • Renew my passion for painting- paint my ducks.
  • Evaluate my teaching program and make improvements; open to new teaching possibilities.
  • Focus on self-care: Eat better, drink water, walk more, exercise, etc... Keep promises to myself.
  • Create meaningful moments each day.
4. Take Action:
The full moon is a time to celebrate life, stay up late, see friends, exercise harder, and be more creative and outgoing. The crazy full moon energy builds and builds; it’s best to acknowledge it so it doesn’t throw me off balance. This surge of energy allows me to take action on intentions I set two weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment