October 28, 2021

Third Quarter Moon of October

Today's waning third quarter moon energy is yin - quiet, internal, heart-driven, intentional Being-ness. The focus for the next few days is on renewal, cleansing, and self-care.

Agenda:
1. Renewal plan
2. Self-care routine
3. Cleansing
4. Prepare for Halloween
1. Renewal plan:
“Feeling good doesn't just happen. Living a life in balance means taking the necessary time to renew yourself. It's all up to you… You can revitalize yourself and face a new day in peace and harmony. Or you can wake up in the morning full of apathy...” --Stephen Covey
I try to renew all four dimensions of my life (body, mind, heart, and spirit), as Stephen Covey taught: I spend about an hour each day on a combination of physical, mental, and spiritual regeneration activities, plus work to improve my social skills and relationships. Today's waning half moon is my opportunity to review how I'm doing, and make note of what could be improved:

From my Journal: I'm focused and grounded, and fully immersed in my writing and my committee work. I'm serving in challenging and fulfilling ways, just on the edge of my ability - feeling pushed in a healthy way, and balancing my family responsibilities pretty well. My tendonitis is improving steadily, and I'm pretty disciplined with my therapy. I'm trying to get more sleep.

2. Self-care routine:
Caring for myself with persistence will give me the energy and health I need to succeed. More energy means more focus, so I can approach my goals with more discipline.

Self-care involves eating well, exercising, sleeping enough, and taking time for renewal of my soul; also, self-care includes budgeting, which I've finally gotten a handle on. I have found that having self-care rituals helps me to stay on track: When I have a routine I am more likely to maintain the discipline to do it every day. 

Intentions this next month
  1. 9:00 a.m. - Art play, either with Aldo or by myself (sewing, painting, other creative projects) 
  2. 11:00 - LONG walking adventures with Aldo (to the dog park, different playgrounds, the bike path, downtown)
  3. 12:30 - Nap time
  4. 3:00 - Tendonitis therapy for 10 minutes, then ice. 
3. Cleansing:
Cleansing means to purify my body/soul/mind and my sacred spaces, clearing out the negative energies that harbor there. I can choose from a wide variety of methods, and this month I'll stick to my favorite - a long bath with bath salts, music, and a candle.

4. Prepare for Halloween:
We've been enjoying nearly daily fun toddler activities with the Halloween theme. He doesn't know what halloween is, but he's learning what pumpkins, ghosts, and spiders are!







I do not buy plastic decorations anymore, so we make nearly everything: I made these spiders from pipe cleaners and pompoms.

1. Cut 4 leg pieces of pipe cleaner and join in the center with a small scrap of pipe cleaner.

2. Hot glue a pompom onto the center top.

3. Bend the feet.






Our spider family has been driving around in toy trucks all week, but now they have a proper spider web to live in.



1 comment: