October 25, 2021

Waning Gibbous Moon and Halloween Week

Now the moon is waning - getting smaller - until it is new again. During the waning moon, the moon's energy changes, and we move gradually into the yin phase - slow down, go within, and focus on inner work. I back off a bit on actively pursuing my goals, and allow the ease of being a loving, thoughtful person to carry me towards my dreams.

The waning gibbous moon is a time to practice opening to receive blessings, feeling and expressing gratitude, and generosity with giving (towards others AND with myself).

The is also the start of a week of celebrating Halloween with a one-year-old! I plan to do something new each day, and post an update.

Agenda today:
1. Journal queries
2. Gratitude journal
3. Generosity practices
4. Halloween decorations

1. Journal queries:
During the waning moon, journaling takes on a new importance. I'm engaged in inner work, and journalling is one way I access my Inner Guide. I especially want to focus on my theme for the month, which is Balance, so I ask myself today: 
Where is the adventure of change and transformation taking me? 
What do I need to find clarity on?
Where in my life am I in balance or out of balance?
What steps do I need to take to bring my life into better harmony with my values and beliefs?

The gap between my values and my behavior is the cause of all my self-dissatisfaction and unhappiness. It‘s an essential practice, then to work daily towards bringing the two into balance! Scrupulous self-honesty helps to give me the edge on my fears and desires; I can accept and acknowledge that they exist, and then choose not to indulge in them. I have a strong will, and my spiritual practice makes it even stronger. 

2. Gratitude journal:
I have not been able to keep a gratitude journal with any continuity - I get bored and it becomes a chore. But I CAN remind myself once a month of all I feel grateful for. Today I will write a few new entries (probably focused on my grandson!) When I remember to feel grateful for my blessings, my days take on a different tone: I have more vigor, optimism, compassion, and peace. By noticing how I am blessed, my impatience decreases and I realize how satisfied and fulfilled I really am.

3. Generosity practices: 
Every month after the full moon I take some time to plan ways I can be more generous with my time and attention. I start with ideas for being generous with myself, then my household, my family, my neighborhood, community, and the earth. I might decide to give money or a gift, or simple acts of helping and sharing my time. This week I plan to:
  1. Take a Sabbath retreat day for myself.
  2. Sew a bluebird gift
  3. Write an Earthcare newsletter
  4. Going away card for Ellen
  5. Tree ride plans
When I'm motivated by the desire to give, just the intention to offer my help, and my willingness to listen, will begin to lessen suffering in the world.

4. Halloween decorations
Today we will decorate the front yard with ghosts and pumpkin lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment