May 15, 2018

New Peony Moon

Beautiful peonies growing in my neighborhood.
The new moon rose early this morning; the Chinese call the fourth new moon the Peony Moon.

Peonies are the flower of riches, romance, and honor, called sho yu in Chinese, which means "most beautiful." Their lush blooms are an omen of good fortune, and also foretell a happy marriage.

This is the season of blossoming into abundance; I open myself to the receipt of gifts, and try to be fully awake to all that each moment holds.

Agenda for today: 
1. Journal queries 

2. New moon meditation
3. Prepare for a garden party
1. Journal queries: 
The new moon is my monthly time for “seeding” intentions. I write down what I hope to focus on in the next 30 days or so, and then give my ideas a period of gestation, like seeds in the soil, before I take action. Having this regular time each month to focus my goals has helped to give me clarity of purpose.

What might give my life more wholeness?
What is the root of my contentment?

How might I be more awake to the gifts each moment offers?

2. New Moon Meditation:
Light a small white candle. Center, and feel myself fill with thankfulness for all I have now in my life.

Butterfly lavender in my front yard.
3. Prepare for a garden party
As the moon waxes, I expand-- plant seeds, make connections, and begin new projects. Today I will plan my first small steps.

In China this is the start of the season of garden parties, especially for the purpose of peony viewing. I don't have any peonies to view, but I want to have a duck viewing party soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment