October 5, 2026

Monday for Action

Monday is my day to reset for the week and get my ducks in a row - make some plans for health and home, and how I will step up for the Natural Living Challenge.

And I'm still in third quarter yang moon energy time for reciprocity, generosity, collaboration and connection; a final time of action before the next moon cycle.

Agenda:
1. Read "Tiny Habits"
2. Finishing up plan of action
3. New habit for Starting
4. Giving each thing a home

1. Read "Tiny Habits":
I'm reading this book by BJ Fogg (2020), with the subtitle of "The Small Changes That Change Everything". This is the scripting process introduced in Sweet Spot, expanded on.

Chapter Five is Emotions Create Habits, about celebrating small victories by doing something (after completing a habit) to create a positive feeling inside myself. Remember the little celebrations we do that help a baby learn to walk: Yay! You did it! -- These are the kinds of celebrations I need to really seal in a new habit. Whatever it is, it has to be authentic.

2. New habit of Starting: 
Lately I've been having such a hard time starting, especially in the afternoon. I have a plan, some tasks to do, but I can't get up and start them. I need a super-charged, get-up-and-take-the-first-tiny-step habit.

Recipe: 
  • After I make my flow plan for the afternoon, when I'm still laying in bed with my finger hovering over "Start routine", 
  • I will sit up and put my feet on the floor, and say "Let's do this!"
  • Celebrate.
3. Finishing up plan of action:
I have a week left in this moon cycle. Yesterday I m
ake a list of things that still need attention, and they are all big house projects:

Big House Projects plan of action:
  • Mon: Paint SW corner 
  • T: Try poles and canvas. 
  • W: Clean gutters and prep front window area
  • F: Paint front window area 
  • Sat: Paper bathroom door
4. Giving Each Thing a Home:
I'm still working to find a zen balance of order that feels good. I have asked myself "Why am I holding on to so much stuff - how can I make letting go super easy? How can I make sorting fun again?"

My current clearing plan is to tackle one room-clearing task, one outdoor-clearing task and one studio task each week. This week I plan to:
  • Bathroom: Shampoo bottles
  • Outside: Clear the pallet and other junk from garden
  • Studio: Clear one or two junk boxes
My weekly rhythm + extras is:

  • M: Deep dive in studio - clear a junk box off the floor
  • T: Recycling + Shampoo bottles
  • W: Garbages + studio boxes
  • Th: Sort linens, clothes, coats                                                       
  • F: Deep dive in studio + take toys to Giving Tree
  • Sat: Refrigerator + Clear the pallet and other junk from garden          
  • Sun: In-basket, papers, books

No comments:

Post a Comment