April 22, 2021

Earth Day

 Today is Earth Day. 
The first Earth Day was April 22, 1970, and it still remains a big event in the environmental movement. Interest and participation in Earth Day has increased and spread around the world, with millions of people taking part. 

Agenda today:
1. Watch videos
2. Earth Week petition walk
3. Finish Braiding Sweetgrass
4. Attend a webinar for the Living Earth Project
5. Attend a rally

1. Watch videos:
Interfaith Earthkeepers (which I've recently joined) has a page of short environmental videos, and I plan to watch one each morning. Today I watched Greta Thunberg on the Climate Fight: “If We Can Save the Banks, Then We Can Save the World”

2. Earth Week petition walk:
Each day on my walk this week I will repeat this prayer of petition:
That the Earth be cared for, I pray. 
That we learn to live simply and lightly on the Earth, I pray. 
That we stop poisoning the soil and seas, I pray. 
That global warming is halted and reversed, I pray. 
That protection of the Earth becomes the political priority, I pray. 
Amen.
3. Finish Braiding Sweetgrass:
I've been reading this book for several weeks now, and I'm nearing the end, so this week I will give attention to the last chapters, and the questions and themes.

4. Attend a webinar for the Loving Earth project:

Where does our strength come from? Get started on your panel: What motivates you to take action on the climate? Where does your strength come from when the going gets tough?
This workshop is an opportunity to reflect on why you have been making changes in your own life and are calling for more action to be taken. We will use a short guided meditation, quiet creative exploration, and some sharing with others. It will also prepare you to make a textile panel to join the Loving Earth Project’s travelling exhibition, which we hope to exhibit in Glasgow for COP 26 and on tour before and after. opportunity to share your inspiration with others and encourage them in the part to a sustainable future. “

You’ll be invited to do a little optional preparation from home in advance and will be welcome to join our online chats for panel makers as your panel progresses, if you like.

5. Attend a rally:
Sunrise, the youth climate group, is having a rally and...

No comments:

Post a Comment