July 1, 2021

Third Quarter Moon

Today's waning third quarter moon energy is yin - quiet, internal, heart-driven, intentional Being-ness. The focus for the next few days is on renewal, cleansing, and self-care.

Agenda:
1. Renewal plan
2. Self-care routine
3. Cleansing

1. Renewal plan:
“Feeling good doesn't just happen. Living a life in balance means taking the necessary time to renew yourself. It's all up to you… You can revitalize yourself and face a new day in peace and harmony. Or you can wake up in the morning full of apathy...” --Stephen Covey
I try to renew all four dimensions of my life (body, mind, heart, and spirit), as Stephen Covey taught: I spend about an hour each day on some combination of physical, mental, and spiritual regeneration activities, plus work to improve my social skills and relationships. Today's third quarter waning half moon is my opportunity to review how I'm doing, and make note of what could be improved:

Body & Discipline: Am I walking fast daily, plus some stretching, strength, and aerobics; eating well and drinking plenty of water; budgeting, saving, and spending within my means; sleeping and playing?

Mind & Vision: Am writing in my journal regularly; expressing myself with art and writing, reading a book on principled living; researching or studying something; teaching others?

Spirit & Ethics: Am I maintaining a daily awareness practice; maintaining my integrity; reviewing and working to understand my mission; immersing myself in creation (writing, art, and nature)? 

Heart & Passion: Am working daily to improve and repair relationships with my family and friends; making new friendships; volunteering my time in service; working to understand and care for myself; studying and practicing better skills for patience, listening, and communication?

From my Journal: I'm still not getting as much exercise as I'd like, and I still struggle to find time for my creative project. My excuses (that it's been hot and I've been busy) don't hold water. How can I make these two priorities true priorities? In everything else I'm steady and engaged. Are my expectations too high or do I need to somehow increase my energy? I believe that my service commitments are taking over too much of my time, and I need to pull back a bit, but that won't happen this month, so I will lower my expectations in other areas instead.

2. Self-care routine:
Caring for myself with persistence will give me the energy and health I need to succeed. More energy means more focus, so I can approach my goals with more discipline.

Self-care involves eating well, exercising, sleeping enough, and taking time for renewal of my soul, including time with God.
Unfortunately, I have a short span of attention for self-care. I get bored, and if I miss one day, I just give up. 

I have found that having self-care rituals helps me to stay on track: When I have a routine I am more likely to maintain the discipline to do it every day. 

Today I will review and renew my health and self-care routines. Intentions this month: I intend to walk further with Aldo (to different playgrounds, the bike path, downtown) and I will plan my walks in advance so I have an inspiring goal. Also, I will set a series of timers for my afternoon workout time, and make a chart to record my effort, because exercise is what will help me to lose the weight I need to in order to feel stronger and healthier.

3. Cleansing:
Cleansing means to purify my body/soul/mind and my sacred spaces, clearing out the negative energies that harbor there. I can choose from a wide variety of methods, and this month I'll stick to my favorite - a long bath with bath salts, music, and a candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment