May 12, 2024

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day
, and a low-key time for me, now that my daughter is a mother and I am a grandmother!

Agenda Today:
1. Journal query
2. Mother Meditation
3. Call my Mom 

1. Journal query: 
What do I really want for Mother’s Day?
 
Plan three things to do for myself today to honor my role as a mother, and to bring myself peace and joy:
  1. Meditate on, and honor my mother
  2. Visit a friend, with my daughter
  3. Call my mom.
2. Mother Meditation:
I have some time today to pause and think about my Mom and all she has been, and is to me now. I'd like to bring the two images of her together: The sharp-minded young mother and the older, vaguer woman, together in my head.

Let an image of my mother - when she was young - come to mind. Just hold the image of her, and observe her - her 
eyes, expression, posture. Imagine her with a smile on her face, ready to be with me. Give her a hug and tell her I love her.
 

PAUSE…

Keep one hand on that image of mom, and let an image of my mother now - in her old age - come to mind. Just hold the image of her, and observe her - her eyes, expression, posture. Imagine her with a smile on her face, ready to be with me. Give her a hug and tell her I love her.
 
 
PAUSE... Now gather the two Moms together into a hug and just feel the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment