Wednesday is my day to re-group and re-define my week. First I make a plan for getting over the bump of the mid-week, then I re-envision my emotional tone and perspective.
This is the time of the waning crescent "balsamic moon" - the final yin phase, a pause that marks the end point in this cycle. Now we can ease off a bit on actively pursuing goals, slow down, go within, and attend to inner work, renewal, and self-care.
And both my little boys have their first day of school today.
Agenda today:
1. My bump plan
2. Read "The Exquisite Risk"
3. Brainstorm for next moon
4. Writing themes and passion plan
1. My bump plan:
Today I need a plan for flow and vigor. Ideas:
- Eat a high-protein breakfast for a sharper focus
- Mid-week priority catch up: This week - Paint the house
- Clear some clutter to free mental space: Studio floor
- Easy evening meal or dinner out
2. Read "The Exquisite Risk":
I'm reading this small book by Mark Nepo (2005), with the subtitle, Daring to Live an Authentic Life. I like his idea that integrity is Me allowing my inner authentic Being to shape my Doing - that I can practice saying "The authentic Me requires me to Do things this way," (but be careful that I'm not just being stubborn!) When I have integrity I can express my inner world, what matters to me, to the outer world. "In a daily way, the exchange of what matters is the dance by which we stay alive and true."
Chapter 5 is The Strange Storyteller, about how telling the truth of our pain heals it, in the same "way that ecosystems flush out the buildup of compost ... to irrigate the heart dammed up with experience." And about how, if we listen, the coincidences and accidents are quiet teachers pointing us in a new direction, "giving us a clue to the story we are in."
3. Brainstorm for next moon:
Every month after the third quarter moon, I take some days to be quiet and contemplative and prepare for the next phase of my life. At the new moon (tomorrow) I will transition from one focus to another, and a whole new field of opportunity.
This week I'll take time to review, and write down my goals, dreams, and exciting ideas for the next 30-days in my priorities. My next theme is Receptivity:
- Writing: Transition to fall themes - water/draught, fishes awareness, water ally, fish as food; Celebrate the Equinox, Autumn light meditations, Give attention to the wind
- Art: Fish illustrations and better photos for my book; finish my Earth Coat to wear!
- Teaching: Reading, drawing, birds, bat cave, and Fall Fun
- Family: Bright parade; Trip to Olympia? Be in the moment with my grandsons- since we will see them less, double down on the time we are together; Continue to learn and understand about neurodiversity
- Social: Anger and calm journal, problem solving plans; Kindness practices
- Home: Continue deep clearing; paint studio; finish deck and canvas roof; Bathroom door project.
- Self: Receptivity of Inspiration, peace; Curiosity, courage
- Service: Gird up for clerking
- Learning: Finish books! Sign up for nature classes and outings.
4. Writing themes:
I have finally fallen in to a steady, daily obsession for my writing project. Today I will set themes and topics for writing and research for the next week:
- W: Know your fishes
- F: Post
- Sat: Become a water ally; Clean your water runoff
- M: Post
- T: Reduce your water waste; Be water-wise
No comments:
Post a Comment