Thursday is my day to open the door to creative thinking and doing; I've reverted to an earlier phase of my life, before painting and art school, when I was internally driven to Make Things, and they were varied and creative. But I'm also a different person now - as Grandma Earth Teacher I am led to make things that are a gift to the Earth in some way, sustainable, and with a message.
Also, I need to prepare for the first full week of after-school time: A calm flow with some repeatable fun learning and ongoing fall projects.
Tonight is the new moon. The Chinese call this eighth new moon the Harvest Moon, for obvious reasons. The new moon is the start of the lunar cycle, a time of high energy and clear thinking. Historically, the new moon is when women took time to be alone; it's a time to retreat, set intentions, and initiate something new. (I'll take my Retreat Day tomorrow.)
Agenda for Today:
1. Choose a month theme
2. Projects for the week
My receptivity practices this month:
3. Preparedness
1. Choose a month theme:
At the new moon I choose a new theme to begin to give attention to. My theme this next 30 days is Receptivity and Love: I will explore what it's like to be the earth, accepting the seed and willing to nurture it.
Receptivity requires that we be open and available, gentle, loving, and sweet; but it isn't a passive condition - receptivity requires that we do the work to care for what we receive, and have the strength to love without conditions.
Receptivity goals might have to do with improving my loving relationship with my family, or with enriching self-love, or being more openhearted, trusting, and generous. Also, I can use the image of being a fertile earth mother when I am nurturing something new in my life.
- New Narrative practice
- Inspiration practice
- Care and nurture practice
- Kindness practices
2. Projects for the week:
The projects I see as priorities now are:
- For my substack: Better photos, including project samples, and watercolor illustrations (a new moth logo and watercolor fishes).
- Craftivism and nature projects to support my Nature-Culture shifts (a "Native Plants" sign for Meeting and a retreat project).
- House and practical fix-it projects: (my Earth coat).
- Sharing skill and fall projects (Fall colors, writing art, a bat cave.)
Art projects:
- Th: Upload new moth logo
- F: Sew sleeves
- Sat: Sew sleeves
- Sun: Brainstorm retreat projects
- M: Watercolor fishes
- T: Watercolor fishes
- W: Seal sign
Kid Projects:
- Th: Both Boys Day: Make fairies
- T: Artie Day: Fall colors painting - find leaves + beading, bird cards
- W: Aldo Day: Letter art + bat cave
- Th: Both Boys Day: Paint with both boys?
3. Preparedness:
I've been working on a way to assure that I get to the studio and work on projects with regularity, and decided to start printing a weekly check list for tiny tasks.
Art Preparations:
- F: Buy polyurethane?
- Sat: List of substack photos needed
- M: Choose fish to paint, print photos
Kid prep:
- Th: Set out fairy supplies, hot glue gun, and make sample
- T: Mix fresh paints, set up
- W: Letter art plan + make paste
- Th: Set up to paint with both boys?
No comments:
Post a Comment