The full Harvest Moon rises this evening -- obliquely, close to the horizon -- and remains big and bright for a long time, giving extra light to harvesters. This moon is called Atchiutchutin, the After-Harvest moon, by the Kalapuya of our area, because the big harvest in our area comes earlier.
The sun is at the peak of its power, lighting all corners with its radiance, and burning away all non-essentials, and we are now also at the peak of the strong-energy yang phase of the waxing moon, the time to harvest what was planted and nurtured.
Saturday is my day for proaction: Proaction is taking initiative to anticipate and shape future events rather than simply reacting to circumstances as they happen. Some people think Covey should've just used the word ACT, but proaction requires a thought: "I could do this or I could do that; I choose to do this."
Agenda for today:
1. Full moon shift
2. Weekly "First Things First"
3. Proaction and reciprocity plans
4. My receptivity project journal
1. Full moon shift:
The full moon shines a bright light on everything, and I might experience intuitive and creative breakthroughs. I might be shocked by the clarity of my insights. I might see some ugliness - the full moon illuminates all the things I've left in the shadows, some heavy truths and some embarrassing mistakes.
This month, as I have explored receptivity, I've gained clarity how to care for what I receive. I am holding my home, my garden, my family, my community, and my equanimity in my heart.
This month, as I have explored receptivity, I've gained clarity how to care for what I receive. I am holding my home, my garden, my family, my community, and my equanimity in my heart.
Today I access a shift of my spirit: I begin by reviewing my progress on the intentions I set at the new moon, asking "why?" and "why not?". Do I need to clear or release something (emotions, beliefs, junk?) in order to open space for the new?
Then I settle into silence and access my intuitive mind - my connection to the Creator and the Inner Guide - by putting myself into a relaxed, trance-like state, and seeking a leading of the spirit with an open mind and heart, and perhaps writing a new intention.
Full moon journal: I can feel that I am getting a handle on caring for what I receive, but it is still hard for me to hold more than one thing at a time, and maybe that is okay. Each day is a new opportunity.
My intentions this month involve physical effort, and I am moving so slowly. I'm trying many kinds of motivation and management schemes, but in the end they are only distractions. I need to access my integrity in-the-moment, and release mindlessness.
2. Weekly "First Things First":
Saturday is a great day to journal about my dreams and goals for my life roles: What GREAT things do I want to accomplish? How will I serve people? How will I use my talents? How will I stretch myself? How can I become an “island of excellence”? What is essential?Journal: Big themes for next week = Transitioning to Clerk and the start of October. I've got Business Meeting, an ECEF call, and Peace and Justice. My biggest projects are the native plant project (signage), butterfly hangers, and a Downey Woodpecker watercolor. I will stretch myself to be an awake Earth Grandmother, aware of the start of fall, and my family's and community's needs.
3. Proaction and reciprocity plans:
Once I have clarity and a framework, then I try to define achievable, meaningful goals and prioritize the goals and tasks with the greatest long-term impact.
My plan for Earthcare Service in the next week:
- Sat: Walk in Bright Parade
- Sun: EC agenda + suggest Friends take plants...
- M: Draft new plants info cards + Make butterflies to hang at Meeting
- W: Finish new plant description cards, send to Liz + ECEF call
- F: Post our plant list to the website, and make QR code to link it.
4. My receptivity project journal:
Receptivity is the ability to be open to incoming information, ideas, perspectives, and emotions without immediate judgment or resistance. It's the skill of creating space to truly accept what is flowing in from others, from spirit, or my own heart, becoming a vessel first; but an active vessel, holding and caring for what I receive, and being willing to grow and change. I open to new perspectives and possibilities. I open to inspiration.
I ask these queries each day:
What is the something new I'm waiting to receive?What have I recently received that needs nurturance?
Today I open to integrity in-the-moment, holding on to the thread of action and following it to the end.
I will nurture the projects I am working on and my spark of intention.

No comments:
Post a Comment