Friday is my day for proaction: Proaction is taking initiative to anticipate and shape future events rather than simply reacting to circumstances as they happen. Some people think Covey should've just used the word ACT, but proaction requires a thought: "I could do this or I could do that; I choose to do this."
The new moon is the start of the lunar cycle, a time to journey to the well of wisdom and intuition. Historically, the new moon is when women took time to be alone; it's a time to retreat and set intentions, but it's also a yang time to initiate something new.
Agenda:
1. New moon retreat day
2. Weekly "First Things First"
3. Proaction and reciprocity plans
4. Receptivity Project
5. Set intentions
1. New Moon Retreat Day:
I have a whole day today to be open to receiving insights and inspirations. My plan is to stop what I'm doing every couple of hours today to listen within, and look for hints all around me. My query is, "What is the new thing taking seed in me this fall?"
2. Weekly "First Things First":
Friday is a great day to journal about my dreams and goals for my life roles: What GREAT things do I want to accomplish? How will I serve people? How will I use my talents? How will I stretch myself? How can I become an “island of excellence”? What is essential?Journal: Big themes for next week = Receptivity, First Days of School, and preparing for fall (Days of Reverence). I'm writing about water and fishes, and painting fishes (watercolor and with boys). My biggest projects are the native plant project (web site and signage), and house painting.
3. Proaction and reciprocity plans:
Once I have clarity and a framework, then I try to define achievable, meaningful goals and prioritize the goals and tasks with the greatest long-term impact.
My plan for Earthcare Service in the next week:
- F: Write a News: highlight Day of Action, and info about ECEF; and especially look in to the organizations that IFEK supports so I can update that calendar too.
- Read my emails and label them so I can find earthcare news when I'm ready
- Sun. Sept. 13: Worship sharing + communicate with Ethen, Becky, and Luke re: plants
- M: Sept. 14 - City council re: Data Centers; Post our plant list /and plans to the website, and make QR code to link it.
- W: ECEF call + Update IFEK calendar
- F: Prepare for Pledges Day
- Sat. Sept. 19 = Digging Day
4. Receptivity Project:
I set receptivity as my theme for this month, which is unusual for the fall; I think my heart is calling me to open up at a time of year that I tend to close down.
Receptivity is the ability to be open to incoming information, ideas, perspectives, and emotions without immediate judgment or resistance. It's the skill of creating space to truly accept what is flowing in from others, from spirit, or my own heart, becoming a vessel first; but an active vessel, holding and caring for what I receive, and being willing to grow and change. I open to new perspectives and possibilities. I open to inspiration.
Some areas to apply receptivity are in my studies, my communication, my writing and creativity, and in how I receive criticism.
My project parts:
- Mindful conversation practice: Be fully present. Use active listening. Receive something new from each person.
- Practice proaction: Pause to fully take in what I am receiving before I respond. Practice comfortable silence - slow things down.
- Active curiosity: Ask better questions. Use beginner's mind. Invite and seek out new perspectives.
- Body awareness: Notice tension - which indicates self-protection rather than receptivity. Soften my jaw and shoulders, open my arms and breathe deeply.
- Nurturance: When I have received something new, I can care for it like a seedling.
I think I might need to ask these queries each day:
What is the something new I'm waiting to receive?What have I recently received that needs nurturance?
5. Set intentions:
Last week I brainstormed some wild and crazy ideas for September, and today it's time to narrow it down a little, to the priority items that I could focus on this next month. This isn't a list of the practical things I need to do this month; rather it's my top actions, studies, and growth goals that fit with the "taste" of this month of my life, and how I want to feel.
After I list my top goals for the next 30 days, I'm ready to set some intentions for action. I chose a few to write today - those I might act on today - then I'll work on a few more each day this week.
I intend to practice being open and available, and caring for what I receive: Inspiration, opportunities, love, friendship, happiness. I will start a Receptivity Project: Keep a journal to record what I want to receive and what I am nurturing, and practice mindful conversation, proaction, active curiosity, body awareness, and nurturance, because receptivity is the next step on my Spiritual Growth journey and will help me to grow into the wise woman I want to become.
I intend to clear our home of excess, find clarity on what is most important to keep, and create a well-ordered and peaceful sanctuary for those I love, so that we have room to receive what we really need, and find what we already have.
I intend to give daily attention to the End of Summer garden - harvesting and preserving as much as I can, collecting seeds, preparing winter garden beds, and starting fall planting - because my garden is a sacred trust with the earth, and caring for it year round with integrity is how I live my testimony of Unity.
No comments:
Post a Comment