September 16, 2026

Reset for Receptivity

Wednesday is my day to re-group and re-define my week. First I make a plan for getting over the bump of the mid-week, then I re-envision my emotional tone and perspective.

This is the yin time of the waxing crescent moon, a phase of growth, when I am planting my intentions and caring for them. I'll take time to discern and create clarity. 

Agenda today:
1. Re-group plan
2. Read "The Exquisite Risk"
3. Nurture my intentions
4. My receptivity project journal
5. Writing themes and passion plan

1. Re-group plan:
Today I will define my top priorities for the week, and make a plan for when to work on them:
  1. Free plant project: I'm going to seal the sign this morning, and write a web page blurb on Friday.
  2. Clearing books and studio: My plan is to work in the studio every day, and by Friday have a box ready to take to MECCA.
  3. Prep for kid projects: On Friday I will make a plan for after-school flow and put together "craft kits" for a few fall projects.
  4. Front porch: On Saturday I will clean the gutters around the porch, repair them a bit, and paint around the door.
2. Read "The Exquisite Risk":
I'm reading this small book by Mark Nepo (2005), with the subtitle, Daring to Live an Authentic Life
I like his idea that integrity is Me allowing my inner authentic Being to shape my Doing - that I can practice saying "The authentic Me requires me to Do things this way," (but be careful that I'm not just being stubborn!) When I have integrity I can express my inner world, what matters to me, to the outer world. "In a daily way, the exchange of what matters is the dance by which we stay alive and true."

Chapter 6 is We Must Reverse the Haiku, about the impulses to destroy and to re-build. "Often, when putting things together, we enter the pulse of a vital paradox: How small a part we are in the living Universe, and still, how our complete sincerity matters and contributes, the way one cell keeps the body going." 

"We repeatedly have this choice: To make all we encounter self-referential or to bridge our small troubled selves to the wonder and mystery of the Universe and its self-sustaining vitality ... So, when we speak integrity, we are speaking of how we care for the tender bridge between our innermost being and the common life of all beings."

He is saying that we need to be kind, and build useful things, even though it will never be enough and people will belittle it; we need to build a bridge with our integrity, connecting everything that lives, and keep the larger Truths alive. This is the work we do for the Whole, for God - and in the process, we maintain our sense of who we are, and renew our own vitality.

3. Nurture my intentions:
During the waxing crescent moon I'm in a yin phase of growth, planting my intentions and caring for them. Today I will look at again at the intentions I set at the New Moon, and plan a symbolic way to care for each one:

  1. Practice being open and available, and caring for what I receive: Keep a journal to record what I want to receive and what I am nurturing.
  2. Give daily attention to the End of Summer garden: Harvest! Take photos.
  3. Clear our home of excess: Gather 10 more things in the studio to give away.
4. My receptivity project journal:
Receptivity is the ability to be open to incoming information, ideas, perspectives, and emotions without immediate judgment or resistance. It's the skill of creating space to truly accept what is flowing in from others, from spirit, or my own heart, becoming a vessel first; but an active vessel, holding and caring for what I receive, and being willing to grow and change. I open to new perspectives and possibilities. I open to inspiration.

I ask these queries each day:
What is the something new I'm waiting to receive?
What have I recently received that needs nurturance?

Today I am holding my fall garden and all that is flowing in from it, all it contains and nurtures; and I offer it my love and attention.
4. Writing themes:
I have finally fallen in to a steady, daily obsession for my writing project. Today I will set themes and topics for writing and research for the next week:
  • W: Know your fishes - post
  • Th: Autumn light and rainbows
  • F: Post
  • Sat-Sun: International Day of Peace + the equinox
  • M: Post
  • T: Post
  • W: a corn doll, plant butterfly gardens, butterfly hangers

No comments:

Post a Comment