Wednesday is my day to re-group and re-define my week. First I make a plan for getting over the bump of the mid-week, then I re-envision my emotional tone and perspective.
We are in the yin time of the waning gibbous moon - a time to receive the fruits of our labors, a time of quiet, internal, heart-driven, intentional Being-ness.
Agenda today:
1. Re-group plan
2. Read "The Exquisite Risk"
3. Discern my receptivity
4. My receptivity project journal
5. Writing themes
1. Re-group plan:
Today I will define my top priorities for the week, and make a plan for when to work on them:
- Free plant project: I'm going to finish plant listings today, and hopefully get them loaded onto the website soon.
- Front porch: Today I will finally paint around the door and the house corner; and Friday I will clean the gutters around the porch, and repair them a bit.
- New butterfly hangers: Today I will gather supplies and set up, and MAYBE paint some with the boys tomorrow. I want to have a bunch to take to Meeting on Sunday.
- Clearing: My plan is to clear papers today; toys tomorrow; and work on the studio junk boxes on Friday-Saturday.
2. Read "The Exquisite Risk":
I'm reading this small book by Mark Nepo (2005), with the subtitle, Daring to Live an Authentic Life. I like his idea that integrity is Me allowing my inner authentic Being to shape my Doing - that I can practice saying "The authentic Me requires me to Do things this way," (but be careful that I'm not just being stubborn!) When I have integrity I can express my inner world, what matters to me, to the outer world. "In a daily way, the exchange of what matters is the dance by which we stay alive and true."
Chapter 8 is Fame and Peace. He says that we all think we are chasing fame and success, when what we are really after is peace. "It's hard to believe, but it takes courage and fortitude, and often sudden suffering, to accept that we are ordinary. And then it takes humility and openness to discover the wonder waiting there."
3. Discern my receptivity:
This yin time after the full moon is the best time to open myself to accept the gifts of the universe. Look again at my intentions to remember what I've asked for, and record any small gifts I've received-
But this is also a time of discernment - what gifts do I want and need at this time? Discern what it is I want to receive this next month, and how I can best open to it:
- Synergy with my teams - communication with clerking, earthcare, family.
- Equanimity and calm - focused work with anger management book;
- Better understanding of neurodiversity so I can offer support, especially with reading and writing.
- Abundant wise writing - keep my writing time sacred.
- Energy and motivation to work at clearing - make time, plan a script;
- Continued enjoyment of watercolors - plan simple, meaningful projects.
4. My receptivity project journal:
Receptivity is the ability to be open to incoming information, ideas, perspectives, and emotions without immediate judgment or resistance. It's the skill of creating space to truly accept what is flowing in from others, from spirit, or my own heart, becoming a vessel first; but an active vessel, holding and caring for what I receive, and being willing to grow and change. I open to new perspectives and possibilities. I open to inspiration.
I ask these queries each day:
What is the something new I'm waiting to receive?What have I recently received that needs nurturance?
Today I am opening to persistent effort for my projects - plant signs, house painting, and butterfly hangers.
I'm nurturing the spark of flow motivation that I've been fanning.
5. Writing themes:
I have finally fallen into a steady, daily obsession for my writing project. Today I will set themes and topics for writing and research for the next week:
- W-Th-F: Advocate for a Homegrown National Park (Make Butterfly Hangers)
- Sat-Sun-M: Make a Little Free Plant Library
- T-W: Fall habitat clean up: Leave the seed heads etc
- Th-F: Bee care integrity
No comments:
Post a Comment