Friday is my new day for creative thinking and doing; as Grandma Earth Teacher I am led to make things that are a gift to the Earth in some way, sustainable, and with a message. Also, I need to prepare for the next week of after-school time: A calm flow with some repeatable fun learning and ongoing fall projects.
And tonight is also the First Quarter Moon; we are one-quarter of the way through the moon cycle. The moon is waxing - getting larger - until it's full again. During the yin of the crescent moon, I found clarity and made plans - the First Quarter is yang, a time to take decisive and smart action on my intentions; a time to remain flexible, use my obstacles as fuel for growth, and show full effort for priorities.
I use this September quarter moon's energy to ...
Agenda for Today:
1. Review my priorities
2. Discern some craftivism
1. Review my priorities:
The days after the First Quarter Moon are a time for purposeful, focused action, with integrity and discernment. Today is a good time to review my priorities and (looking at this month's intentions) and choose the top actions for the next month.
I have lots of things in lots of categories that I do every day, but which of those are priorities now in my life? I only have so much time each day, so I hope to give priority to the activities and people that matter most to me right now.
My priorities are fluid; they change with the seasons and with my responsibilities. Today I ask myself:
-Which of my priorities have gotten the least attention this last month and why?
-What seasonal focus and upcoming events are priorities now?-What are my important responsibilities this month?-What upcoming activities give me the biggest rewards?-What would I do this month if I knew I only had 6 months to live?-What activities best support my beliefs and values?-Where do my strengths lie?
From my Journal: This next 3 weeks require steadiness and dependability. People are counting on me for support and care. Family is the top priority, and my Earthcare group is a close second. But also, I need to keep steady effort on home and garden projects as fall unrolls.
After some thought, this is my slate of priorities:
- Family: Steady flow of play, care, and learning + Soccer games, BBQ, Bright Parade...
- Earthcare service: Potting and Pledges day, News for EC + IFEK calendar,
- Writing: Peace, Autumn, Butterfly and regenerative gardening
- Garden: Mulching, harvest and preservation, native plants and fall starts
- Home: Paint the front; Finish the deck roof; Clear the studio; Hall door project
- Creative projects: Finish Earth coat; post a new moth logo + good photos; Retreat project plan
2. Discern some craftivism:
Craftivism includes any “crafty” art, such as cross-stitch, knitting, stamp or screen-printing, and banner painting. Craftivism is often a social event, with people working together to make something beautiful and impactful. What I like best is that as I craft I'm not only expressing my hope for social change, but also creating a quiet space for myself to regain a sense of power and purpose.
I see three steps in the process: Craftivists have to think of the message they want to share, and a visual way to represent it; then they need to create it; and then get it into a public space.
- Work on my Earth Coat - a walking poster.
- Paint peace rocks for International Peace Day.
- Design a "Flows to Stream - Keep it Clean" sign to hang around town.
- Retreat project such as Fall leaves wishes or Earth posters with bling
3. Projects for the week:
The projects I see as priorities now are:
- For my substack: Better photos (rainbows, peace rocks, straw doll), and watercolor illustrations (a new moth logo).
- Craftivism and nature projects to support my Nature-Culture shifts (Peace rocks, a fall leaves retreat project).
- House and practical fix-it projects: (my Earth coat, hall doors project).
- Sharing skill and fall projects (Fall colors - leaves, acorns, writing art, a bat cave.)
Art project steps:
- F: Sew last sleeve in coat; cuff pattern + rainbow photo!
- Sat: Sew cuffs + start bedroom door papering
- Sun: Paint peace rocks
- M: Seal peace rocks + start moth
- T: Paint a moth + straw doll
- W: Bling my bike
- Th: Upload new moth logo
Kid Projects:
- T: Artie Day: Collect acorns, beading, new bird cards, nature box
- W: Aldo Day: Paint the bat cave
- Th: Both Boys Day: Make moon cakes; Paint acorns
- F: Aldo day: Letter art + fix the fairy house
4. After-school flow:
11:30- Pick up and play with Mr. Frog + collections, bird watching
Noon- Lunch time and reading
1:00- Nap
3:00- Snacks and cooking projects
3:45- Art projects
4:30- Home and garden tasks (Feed the birds, water, harvest...)
5. Preparedness:
I've been working on a way to assure that I get to the studio and work on projects with regularity, and decided to start printing a weekly check list for tiny tasks.
Art Preparations:
- F: Research how to sew a cuff; shop for door paper and bike bling
- Sat: Collect round rocks to paint
- M: New moth ideas
- T: Bring in straw for doll
Kid prep:
- F: Make paste and tear strips
- T: New bird cards, take binoculars and a collection bag for acorns, find Nature box items
- W: Set up to paint (acorns and bat cave)
- Th: Set out moon cake ingredients
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment