July 31, 2026

Friday

Friday is my day for proaction: Proaction is taking initiative to anticipate and shape future events rather than simply reacting to circumstances as they happen. Some people think Covey should've just used the word ACT, but proaction requires a thought: "I could do this or I could do that; I choose to do this."

And I'm still in the thrall of the active full moon phase!

Agenda:
1. Summer action plan
3. Morning ritual
3. Proaction and reciprocity plans

1. Summer action plan: 
On Fridays I often journal a bit about the future, and my dreams and goals: What GREAT things do I want to accomplish? How will I serve people? How will I use my talents? How will I stretch myself? How can I become an “island of excellence”? What is essential?

Then I try to define achievable, meaningful goals and prioritize the goals and tasks with the greatest long-term impact. I'm just thinking about the summer right now. My end plan is to: 
  1. Maintain my connections with my two or three Earthcare groups, and encourage them to the best of my ability without committing too much time or energy; in other words, I need to preserve my energy and my connections this summer.
  2. Explore creative pathways to increasing my Nature-Culture readership.
  3. Research and write about climate change as it connects to Nature-Culture. 
  4. Take action against climate change with the Eugene Clean Energy Fund coalition.
2. Depth of purpose rituals: 
One of my goals this week is to plan some practices that will anchor everyday actions to my core values. The values that apply to earthcare are:

    1. Purpose: Lead the best life I can, and grow into being the best person I can be. 

    2. Simplicity: Use only my share of the earth’s resources (leave a footprint that is fair and sustainable), and preserve time for my priorities.

    3. Unity with Nature: Remember that the Earth and every part of Creation is a living, spiritual being, and live in accordance.

    3. Integrity: Be honest and whole, and choose actions and words that align me with my highest self, with that of God within me, and with who I truly am at my. 

    5. Creativity: To expand my perspective (think outside the box), have the courage to take experimental risks, and honestly express myself with words and art.

    6. Witness: Speak truth through my words and actions, and lead by example.

    7. Community / Unity: Commit to moving forward together, with Light and Love, not letting our differences prevent cooperation. 

    So, how do I link all of these to my earthcare action? Maybe a prayer or  mantra: My purpose is to lead the best life I can, living simply, in unity with Naturewith integritycreatively witnessing, and moving forward with my community.

    3. Proaction and reciprocity plans:
    Once I have clarity and a framework, then I try to define achievable, meaningful goals and prioritize the goals and tasks with the greatest long-term impact.

    My plan for Earthcare Service in the next week:
    • Fri: Eugene Clean Energy Fund endorsement
    • Sat: EC agenda + Work on ECEF postcards again.
    • Sun: Print QR-cards and ECEF postcards + lead a meeting
    • M: Prepare EC minutes, report, and agenda for the Peace and Justice Meeting
    • T - Th: Write a News with local events and info about ECEF; and especially look in to the organizations that IFEK supports so I can update that calendar too.
    • W: Meet with ECEF coalition; 
    • ECEF donations, letters to the editors

    No comments:

    Post a Comment