July 29, 2026

Full Thunder Moon

Wednesday is my day to re-group and re-define my week. First I make a plan for getting over the bump of the mid-week, then I re-envision my emotional tone and perspective.
And tonight is the full moon of July is called ameku, the mid-summer moon, by the Kalapuya of our area, and the thunder moon by others. July days have the humming energy of a summer storm. It's a month of passion and activity: I'm challenged to find integrity in my actions and expand into my Truth.

The sun is at the peak of its power, lighting all corners with its radiance, and burning away all non-essentials, and we are now also at the peak of the strong-energy yang phase of the waxing moon, the time to harvest what was planted and nurtured.

Agenda: 
1. My bump plan
2. Full moon shift
3. Celebrate depth
4. Writing themes
5. Start a fire for clearing space


1. My bump plan:
Ideas:
  • Eat a high-protein breakfast for a sharper focus: Egg and toast
  • Mid-week priority catch up: This week - Hearthkeeping
  • Clear some clutter to free mental spaceStudio table
  • Easy evening meal or dinner out
2Full moon shift:
The full moon shines a bright light on everything, and I might experience intuitive and creative breakthroughs. I might be shocked by the clarity of my insights. I might see some ugliness - the full moon illuminates all the things I've left in the shadows, some heavy truths and some embarrassing mistakes.

This month, as I have explored my life-path, I've been swept into my own depths. I’m directed back at every turn into deeper waters within, to watch the unfolding of my purpose. I need courage, because the abyss is dangerous, the path is mysterious, and it leads to unexpected challenges and changes.

Today I access a shift of my spirit: I begin by reviewing my progress on the intentions I set at the new moon, asking "why?" and "why not?". Do I need to clear or release something (emotions, beliefs, junk?) in order to open space for the new? 

I review these queries:

When I grow up (when I reach my full potential), what kind of person do I want to be, and what kind of life do I want to lead? In what ways am I off that path now, and what small adjustments could I make to get on course?

What are my highest values? If I follow them to the deepest place of love, joy, generosity, fulfillment and peace, what work do they point to that I am to do for others? 
 
What in my life is asking for the light of Truth to shine on it? What choices am I facing? What paths am I resisting? What are the risks? What are the benefits?

Then I settle into silence and access my intuitive mind - my connection to the Creator and the Inner Guide - by putting myself into a relaxed, trance-like state, and seeking a leading of the spirit with an open mind and heart, and perhaps writing a new intention.

From my journal: I've been doing good work on anger management, understanding from whence it comes, and taking responsibility for it. This is my biggest work for the year.

The path I'm on is clear, but I'm stuck in slow motion. The shift I want to make is to jump into high gear to finish things: My writing, earthcare committee responsibilities, hearth keeping, house projects, and art work. I'll make inner synergy plans for each.

The thing I want to release is inertia, and my cold and congestion! 

3. Celebrate depth:
My theme ​this month ​is Depth, discerning my true purpose and path in life, working on transformative practices, and committing to my priorities.

Today I will make a plan for celebrating how far I've come, giving thanks for the lessons learned and the blessings received, and reaffirm this theme for the next two weeks. Each month I choose a different way to celebrate the full moon, and I am ready to celebrate depth in these ways:
  1. Inner synergy plan for clearing (today).
  2. Write more about climate activism (Thursday).
  3. Paint a butterfly watercolor (Friday).
  4. Meet with my Moon buddies to share my story (Sunday).
5. Writing themes:
The next few days are the best block of time I have for healthy obsession for my writing project. Today I will set themes and topics for writing and research:
  • Th: Climate change activism 101 (reciprocity) - What is your entry point?
  • FEdits and post.
  • Sat: Eugene Clean Energy Fund
  • Sun: Edits and post
  • M: Honor the air we breathe (attention)
  • T: Edits and post
  • W: Monitor your air quality
5. Starting a fire for clearing the studio:
One of my intentions this month is to practice transformative habits - and anchor my everyday actions to my core values, because this is what will give me the power to change the world.

Today I'm writing a script for fire starting - for inner synergy - when your body, mind, spirit, and heart are all cooperating to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects. I love the image of "an explosion of inner synergy," and I've experienced that passion spontaneously, and I know it's possible to harness that energy when you want it and need it.

Step one is to choose any project or task that is a priority, that connects to your values and principles, something you want to do soon; something a little challenging but within your abilities, such as Cleaning the StudioToday I will made this plan: 
  1. Engage my mind: Create a vision of a clear and tidy studio, with room on the table, room to walk around, visually tidy and clean; make a list of the steps, and note start time on my calendar.
  2. Engage my heart: Identify the love component - visualize my grandsons working with me in this room, and send us the "pink light of love".
  3. Engage my spirit: Choose a mantra that will remind me of the deepest reasons for the project: Art is Life - use this mantra t every hour today.
  4. Engage my body: Get prepared - make coffee and gather all the supplies.
  5. Start a fire: At 12 noon, mentally review my intention; touch my heart and feel the calmness; reciting the mantra; dive into cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment