I got home late yesterday afternoon, after a whole week away, and this morning I am reveling in all the normalcy of home: Waking in my own bed, making my favorite coffee, and sitting at my desk to write. It seems like I have a lot of catching up to do, but really I just need to pick up the threads where I left them.
Monday is my day to reset for the week and get my ducks in a row - make some plans for health and home, and how I will step up for the Natural Living Challenge. This waxing gibbous moon is a time for a pause to consider my patterns and approaches, a time to review and refine, a time to practice Being and trust in the ebb and flow of the universe.
1. Read "How to Keep House While Drowning"
2. Giving Each Thing a Home
3. New food habits
1. Read "How to Keep House While Drowning":
I got this little book by KC Davis (2020) from the library a couple of years ago and thought I'd like to review it this month. Her philosophy is "You don't exist to serve your space; your space exists to serve you. ... There is a big difference between being on a journey of worthiness and being on a journey of care."
Chapter 15 is You can't save the rainforest if you're depressed. She puts all her altruistic actions into 2 tiers - those that are standards she always holds herself to, and those that are morally good things that aren't absolutes.
"No person can do all the good things all the time and expecting yourself to just sets ups an oppressive perfectionism to which no-one can live up to. Imperfection is required for a good life."
2. Giving Each Thing a Home:
My house care theme for the month is Basic Care and Zen Order. This means do the basics each week (sweeping, dusting, etc.) and find a zen balance of order that feels good. I have asked myself "Why am I holding on to so much stuff - how can I make letting go super easy? How can I make sorting fun again?"
My New Order Plan was too complicated, so today I'm redesigning it.
Simplicity Time before napping: 1pm: Set visual timer for 15 minutes and choose a starting place, clear 10 things, and finish one clearing task.
This week I plan to:
- Sort big toys in the studio and under the table and donate some.
- Set up a new drawing station
- Clean up my potting shed area and put away sawhorses
- Clear out old food and wipe food cupboards
3. New food habits:
Last week I set my diet as a priority in the next month, with the top row being vegetables, healthy snacks, and N-R-G drinks. Some tasks:
- M: Plan next meals and shop.
- T: Prepare snack servings.
- W: Harvest tomatoes and rhubarb; make rhubarb bars.
- Th: Find some new good veggie recipes.
- F: Make a weekly snack plan, including healthy baking.

No comments:
Post a Comment