Tuesday is my day to look at my social and emotional self, and make an effort to shift my perspectives around how I view and treat the people in my life.
We are in the yin time of the waning gibbous moon - a time to receive the fruits of our labors, a time of quiet, internal, heart-driven, intentional Being-ness.
Agenda:
1. My anger journal2. Read "How to Deal with Anger"
1. My anger journal:
I'm keeping an Anger Journal to record every time I feel miffed, uneasy, disappointed, tense, defensive, belittled, or angry. And I want to get more focused on recording what I notice in my body.
I've been noticing my Wise Mind lately. It perks up when I am casually belittled or unfairly judged, and has managed lately to make wise decisions. I also am noticing how tense and anxious I am before and during community meetings. I might consider going back to adetailed written script to follow. And maybe some kind of body preparation?
2. Read "How to Deal with Anger":
I'm reading this book by Isabel Clarke (2016) that I got at Powell's, because after my last explosion I decided I won't reach equanimity without managing my anger. Part 2 is Tackle: Get to grips with what you need to do to make a change, and Chapter 4 is Taking control of your body.
The first step is to notice what is going on in my body; these are early warning signs. I get tense in my shoulders and my face, breath shallowly, and my voice gets higher. Sometimes I have butterflies in my stomach. I begin to obsess or worry in my mind- I can only think about the "one thing".
No comments:
Post a Comment