![]() |
| Photo by Alan Gillespie |
And tonight is the waning Third Quarter moon of August. Today's moon energy is yang, a time for reciprocity, generosity, collaboration and connection; a final time of action before the next moon cycle.
August is a time of transformation and abundance - but it's rich with both the sweet and the sour. We are having our hottest days of summer right now, as a north wind brings us smoke from the north. Today I will pause to consider what I'm transforming into.
Agenda:
1. My bump plan
2. Generosity practice
3. Writing themes
2. Generosity practice:
On the first day of the waning third quarter moon, I make a practical plan for generosity with time and attention. In earlier phases of the moon I've been pretty self-focused, but as the moon wanes, it's time to consider how I will give back.
I start with ideas for being generous with myself, then my family, my neighborhood, community, and the earth. Consider what it is I have an abundance of at this time: I might decide to give money, a note or a gift, a visit, or simple acts of helping and sharing my time, or I might decide it's time to volunteer in a new way in our community.
This week's generosity plan:
- Schedule alone time in the garden and the studio nearly every day.
- Compassionate touch and attention. Listening with all my ears.
- Prepare some 3-year-old bird lessons.
- Catch up with committee responsibility
- Abundant offers of my written wisdom.
When I'm motivated by the desire to give, just the intention to offer my help, and my willingness to listen, will begin to lessen suffering in the world.
3. Writing themes:
The next few days are the best block of time I have for healthy obsession for my writing project. Today I will set themes and topics for writing and research:
- Th: Honor the air we breathe (attention)
- F: Edits and post
- Sat: Monitor your air quality
- Sun. Edit and post
- M: Prevent Forest Fires with Radical Action
- T: Edit and post

No comments:
Post a Comment