Thursday is my day to open the door to creative thinking and doing; I've reverted to an earlier phase of my life, before painting and art school, when I was internally driven to Make Things, and they were varied and creative. But I'm also a different person now - as Grandma Earth Teacher I am led to make things that are a gift to the Earth in some way, sustainable, and with a message.
Also, I need to prepare for the next week of Grandma Camps, with themes, projects, and field trips.
The new moon is the start of the lunar cycle, a time to journey to the well of wisdom and intuition. Historically, the new moon is when women took time to be alone; it's a time to retreat and set intentions, but it's also a yang time to initiate something new.
Agenda:
1. Balance journal queries
2. Review and my creativity intentions
1. Balance journal queries:
How can I balance Doing and Being today? Where is the flow of life taking me today?
Then I think about the connections I will make this day, and ask-
What is the patience and equanimity I might need?
My balance journal: Today's a very Do-centric day, so I'll need to pay careful attention to flow and intuition. The equanimity I will need is with moving to another person's (slower) rhythm.
2. Review and adjust my creativity intentions:
At the start of the year I set this intention for creativity:
I intend to reset my art practices to bring me back to the studio for purposeful creation: Take photos and make art to illustrate the Nature-Culture ideas I want to share; make and share craftivism, such as garden signage and giveaway art, that witnesses to earthcare, and might inspire the passion for change that I feel; use creativity and art to create meaningful messages in my home and yard; make fun things with my hands and play with art.
That still says it! The projects I see as priorities now are:
- For my substack: Better photos, including project samples, and watercolor illustrations.
- Craftivism and nature projects to support my Nature-Culture shifts: Hangers, signs ("Native Plants" sign for Meeting, "Love this Earth" sign for my front yard; Earth poster with lettering and bling.)
- House and practical fix-it projects: Mending, patches, Earth coat, Door collage, butterflies
- Sharing skill and fun teaching projects
3. Projects for the week:
This week:
- Th: Draw city-scape and tree line + Photos of air + Draw mullein on door;
- F: Research best collage process and buy supplies + Draw new moth logo
- Sat: Fix work pants with a patch + Begin to paper layers
- Sun: Collage door
- M: Start "Free Native Plants sign" (wood-burning?)
Doing the smallest thing is a great way to make courageous creative work less frightening; also finding the "minimum effective dose", the amount of work that keeps me challenged and joyful, and if I keep at it will get me to the finish line on time.
4. Camp preparedness:
The theme next week is a fairy garden + water play. Ideas:
- Read about fairies + Bird book, bird cards
- Make a fairy house??
- Visit Grays for mosses and plants
- Gather bits and pieces to put in garden
- Make fairies
Preparations: F: Get fairy books; Sat: Search ideas (how to make a fairy and house); M: Gather bits and pieces, set out supplies
No comments:
Post a Comment