August 3, 2026

Monday

Monday is my day to reset for the week and get my ducks in a row - make some plans for health and home, and how I will step up for the Natural Living Challenge. 

We are in the yin time of the waning gibbous moon - a time to receive the fruits of our labors, and express gratitude.

Agenda:
1. Read "How to Keep House While Drowning"
2. Giving Each Thing a Home
3. New food habits

1. Gratitude meditation:
Every month after the full moon, in the quiet-energy yin time of the waning moon, I practice a love meditation that progresses from receptivity, to gratitude, to generosity. The most powerful receiving is accompanied with sincere gratitude, so today I will look again at the things I want to receive this month, and how I can better feel (and show) my heart-felt gratitude:
  • Equanimity and calm - feel the difference every day;
  • Energy and motivation to finish house painting - savor the effort and the results;
  • Camp preparedness - notice the ease of the flow;
  • Steady writing - tell someone how much I love it.
  • Meaningful Earthcare involvement - express my gratitude to everyone involved.
  • Continued enjoyment of watercolors - savor my time with paint.

Day 2: Practice a love meditation, and end by feeling and expressing gratitude - send a prayer 
of thanksgiving
 to the universe for all I have in my life.

2. Deep cleaning:
After quite a while of doing "basic" cleaning, I'm starting to be disgusted with some parts of my house (behind the toilet, around the sink, door frames, light switches...). In the next month I expect to be stuck inside quite lots the temperature begins to soar, so now is the time to step it up a bit, little by little, to clean those spots well.

This week: 
  • Clean the futon cover.
  • Wipe the woodwork in public rooms.
  • Vacuum under and behind.
  • Clean living room windows
3. Giving Each Thing a Home:
I'm still working to find a zen balance of order that feels good. I have asked myself "Why am I holding on to so much stuff - how can I make letting go super easy? How can I make sorting fun again?"

I've got a 30-minute Simplicity Time before napping: Set visual timer for 15 minutes and choose a starting place, clear 10 things, and finish one clearing task.

This week I plan to:
  • Deliver extra toys to Giving Tree
  • Clear surfaces
  • Sort blankets and give some away
  • Clean up my potting shed area
  • Studio: Choose some paintings to give away, and bring them into the house.
4. New food habits:
Last week I set my diet as a priority in the next month, with the top row being vegetables, healthy snacks, and N-R-G drinks. Some tasks:
  • M: Plan next meals and shop.
  • T: Prepare snack servings - hard boiled eggs, carrot sticks, (honey)
  • W: Hump day easy meal
  • Th: Harvest tomatoes and rhubarb; make bread...
  • Th: Find some new good veggie recipes.
  • F: Make a weekly snack plan, including healthy baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment